Weekly Cyber Roundup (July 1, 2022)David Chung
CYBER BYTES 📅
- Open Sea the top NFT marketplace, suffers a cyber incident AGAIN! This incident was a data breach.
- Carnival Cruises fined a $6.25M for a series of cyber incidents from 2019-2020.
- Ex-Canadian gov’t employee involved with Netwalker Ransomware Group pleads guilty.
- Mandiant reports Chinese state–supported DragonBridge group targets rare earth companies to disrupt west’s market expansion.
- South Korean researchers publish paper detailing how to decrypt encrypted files by Hive ransomware group.
- Blockchain DeFi company Harmony loses almost $100M in crypto due to hacked private keys.
LATEST GOVERNMENT NEWS 📃
- NATO announces plan to establish joint alliance for rapid cyberattack response capabilities.
- South Korea will participate in the first-ever joint US led Cyber Flag exercise.
THE READING CORNER 📖
- ‘Cult of the Dead Cow‘ by Joseph Menn
- ‘Countdown to Zero Day‘ by Kim Zetter
- ‘Spam Nation‘ by Brian Krebs
- ‘Ransomware: Understand. Prevent. Recover.‘ by Allan Liska
- President Biden 2021 Cybersecurity Executive Order
- CISA Cloud Security Technical Reference Architecture