Weekly Cyber Roundup (July 22, 2022)
CYBER BYTES 📅
- Ransomware hit a French telecom company. Mobile service was not affected. However, customer data may have been leaked and the internal admin system severely impacted.
- Lithuanian Energy firm disrupted by DDOS Attack. The company was able to manage and limit attack’s impact. No breaches were recorded.
- The US DOJ seizes $500k in ransom payments and crypto from North Korean state-sponsored hackers.
- Cyber firm BitSight releases a report detailing exploitable vulnerabilities in Chinese-made GPS trackers that have life-threatening implications.
LATEST GOVERNMENT NEWS 📃
- The White House hosted the National Cyber Workforce and Education Summit. The government and industry actions were announced.
- US Air Force and Space Force kickoff hackathon.
- US Cyber Command, in collaboration with Ukraine, is sharing technical details and IOC of malware that has been actively targeting Ukraine.