Weekly Cyber Roundup (June 3, 2022)Caplock Media
WEEKLY CYBER BYTES 📅
- Mandiant reports evil corp switches ransomware strain to allow victims to pay ransom and sidestep sanctions
- MSFT vulnerability (“Follina”) known since April is the cyber communities focus this week. MSFT has no timeline for patch release
- MSFT’s recommended temporary fix until Follina (CVE-2022-30190) Patch is available
GOVERNMENT CYBER NEWS 📃
- Jonathan Yet Wing Soong charged with violating U.S. Export laws after allegedly sending U.S. Aviation Tech to a Beihang University (“Beijing University”) that is on the restricted Entity List. Soong admits to receiving payments to his personal account.
- FBI talks about thwarted planned cyberattack on children’s hospital in Boston
- FBI and DOJ shutdown internet sites that sell stolen personal data and hacking services
NOTORIOUS CYBER HACKS AND THREATS… 👾
- CISA releases advisory on ransomware group Karakurt. Ransom demands range from $25K to $13M.
- New attack targets Costa Rica hospital systems
- Germany warns financial sector of increased threat of cyber attacks (specifically DDoS) due to war in Ukraine
THE READING CORNER 📖