Weekly Cyber Roundup (June 24, 2022)David Chung
CYBER BYTES 📅
- FBI along with International Partners disrupt Russian Botnet RSOCKs. Details of the large scale operation can be found here.
- Ukraine CERT-UA disclose two Russian hacking campaigns. One attack targeted Ukraine’s critical infrastructure using a Cobalt Strike Beacon. The other campaign used the ‘Follina’ zero-day from May.
- Akamai reports on Botnet creating havoc in Israel’s Passport appointment system. As a result, malicious actors are using a well-intended bot for financial gain. Bot operators are selling highly-demanded Passport appointments that are supposed to be free to the citizens.
- IRA Financial Trust sues the crypto exchange Gemini Trust Co. for $36M due to crypto hack.
- U.K. Yodel shipping company suffers ‘cyber incident’ causing major disruption to business operations.
LATEST GOVERNMENT NEWS 📃
- President Biden signs two cyber bills aimed to strengthen state/local government and increase government’s competitive for cyber talent.
- National Guard conducts cyber exercise on DoD Network.
- CISA publishes second version of the “Cloud Security Technical Reference Architecture”.
- CISA published readout from Third Cybersecurity Advisory Meeting providing major updates of their subcommittee.